Mother’s Intuition Malfunction

During an interview on a recent episode of Ellen, Jenny McCarthy discussed her “Mother’s Intuition.” She said that she knows when her son is tired, when he’s frustrated, when he has to go potty and when he doesn’t feel well. She said that could even look at him, and know exactly what he wants to eat for lunch. I love this woman, but WHAT?! That’s one heck of an instinct.
I don’t think I was blessed with a very large dose of this so-called “Intuition”. And, yesterday, the little bit that I did have malfunctioned. Here’s what happened: Taylor’s normal schedule of afternoon eating is lunch at noon and snack at 3pm. Well, she had a late lunch yesterday, and ate a ton. At 2pm, she went to her highchair. She reached up and started crying. I looked at her, and looked away. I ignored her yelling because I knew there was no way she could be hungry. She was just cranky. (MALFUNCTION). After yelling for a few minutes, she stopped. She walked across the room, put her hands on my knees and said “AHHHHHHHH” with her mouth wide open. As if to say, “hey dummy, FEED ME!” I plopped her in her high chair and she had an entire banana and some milk.
I hope she starts talking soon.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home