My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://peanutandpoppy.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks. Thanks!

Peanut and Poppy

Monday, March 3, 2008

What Hurts the Most

How does country music do it? For every occasion, there’s a song that comes on the radio at just the right time, where it seems the artist is singing directly to me. It happened again last night, in the car. I know that this song was not written for what I am going through. But, with the change a word or two, it seems to say exactly what I’m feeling. And because I can’t yet bring myself to talk about this, or even think about it for more than a few minutes, I have to rely on Rascal Flatts to speak for me.

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don’t bother me
I can take a few tears now and then and just let them out
I’m not afraid to cry every once in a while
Even though going on with you gone still upsets me
There are days every now and again I pretend I’m ok
But that’s not what gets me

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you slip away
And never knowing
What could have been
And you not knowing that loving you
Is what I was wanting so bad to do

It’s hard to deal with the pain of losing you everywhere I go
But I’m doin’ it
It’s hard to force that smile when I see my friends and I’m alone
Still harder
Getting up, getting dressed, livin’ with this great loss
There are so many words in my heart
That are still left unspoken

What hurts the most
Is being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you slip away
And never knowing
What could have been
And you not knowing that loving you
Is what I was wanting so bad to do

2 Comments:

Blogger The Cornwalls said...

I can not begin to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. But know that we love you guys and that we are here for you if you need us. I have been praying for you all.
Much love
Tiffany

March 3, 2008 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hillary-
I met you at Ashley's shower (I'm Diana's sister)....she told me what happened and I've been praying for you guys ever since. I don't have any words, but just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and your family.

Katie

March 3, 2008 at 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home