Tay's Tree
For Mother’s Day this year, Taylor gave me sunflower seeds planted in a tiny pot with a cute poem written on the side. The flower hadn’t even sprouted when she gave it to me and, to be honest, I was worried about the little guy (I have a brown, almost black, thumb). Side note: do you know what an air plant is? It’s a plant that lives off of air -- no food, no water. Yeah, I killed one of those. And, yes, it had plenty of air. So, you can see how grim the situation looked. Anyways, we transplanted the sunflower into the ground, prepared for a very short lifespan. Now, just three months later, we have a new tree in our front yard. A tree that bloomed it’s first flower yesterday. Maybe being a Mommy has taught me how to nurture more than a toddler?! Or maybe sunflowers are just really easy to grow. Either way, it makes me happy. It’s a constant reminder that Taylor loves her Mommy, and THAT is the best feeling in the world.
The tree




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home