A Birthday Wish Granted
Being that it was my birthday weekend, the activities were totally up to me. And I chose my favorite thing in the world -- low-key family time. For my gift, we decided to do a small renovation project in our kitchen that I had been dreaming about for a few months. We tiled our backsplash. Exciting, right? Oh, it was. So, we started the weekend on Friday night with a trip to Lowe’s, take-out from my favorite Italian place, and a looooong night of mortaring and tiling.

On Saturday morning, Jimmy surprised me with my all-time favorite food – cinnamon pull-apart, a dish invented by my Mom and a long-time tradition for holiday breakfasts in our family. Bread, butter, cinnamon and sugar. Oh yeah. Soooooo good. And sooooo good for you. Ha. I ate it for dessert on Saturday night, breakfast, lunch and dinner yesterday, and will be enjoying it for dinner tonight as well. I hope to make it last until at least Wednesday. The goal is that, if I spread it out over several days and eat it instead of my normal meals, maybe my waistline won’t spread as far as if I ate it in just one day. If that’s not the case, wait until Wednesday to tell me.So, my birthday wish was to go shopping for Taylor. The poor girl still wears 3-6 month pants (we call them capris now) and jelly shoes with socks since she doesn’t have any Winter shoes. So, off we went to Target. One of my favorite things to do is to go shopping for my little one. Maybe I’m strange, but I’d much rather buy her cute new clothes then a new outfit for me. I LOVE it. To me, there’s just something so fun about seeing your little girl walk down the hall morning after morning with the smile she gets from strutting her stuff. My little fashionista just warms my heart!
On Sunday, we went to our usual church service with our usual service-buddies/good friends, then came home for a relaxing do-nothing afternoon. Daddy worked, so Taylor and I spent the day purging her closet to get rid of the old and make room for the new. This led to many outfit changes, featuring fashion model (acting as her own stylist), Tater Tot Brady. Taylor enjoyed sporting her infant bikini as a headdress while sorting old shoes. And trying out many lovely ensembles for the audience (Curby and Cayman), including the acclaimed pajama top paired with a visor and ugg boots (no pants) look that is sure to hit the runways this Fall.
It was an awesome birthday weekend. Just what I wished for – a quiet weekend with my family, fabulous food, a cool new kitchen upgrade, and new clothes for the Tay. What else could a Mommy want?!

4 Comments:
Hooray for sweets on your birthday!! The backsplash looks great by the way.
And how strange is this...yesterday, I went shopping for Edwin (totally agree that it's more fun than shopping for myself) and then that evening, I went through all of his old stuff to make room in his dresser. I take ridiculous pleasure in the small things!!
Happy Belated Bday :)
yaaaaaay!!! i love the tile. it looks awesome! and the pull apart - yummmm...i can smell it. and i want your mama's recipe!
aah 29 - what a glorious number ;) xoxo
the backsplash looks great! jimmy can make the rounds over this way and do ours too :)
i have had that bread/sweet stuff before and it is great. there are many names for it... monkey bread, bumble bee bread... but whatever you call it, it is great!!
not only is turtle absolutely adorable, jimmy has to make me a cinnamon something or other. that looks like it has my name all over it. it's really there - look closely. it says "coming soon, a cinnamon something for courtney"!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home