Countdown to P-Day
Tomorrow is not only Taylor’s birthday, but also P-Day. Dun dun dun. The beginning of potty training and the end of the pacifier. I bought her the Cushie Tushie today (see right), and a pack of pink Pull-Ups training pants with Cinderella smiling proudly on the front. Taylor already knows what the potty is for, and will even help you when you need to go by lifting the lid and forcefully instructing you to “sit down!” She will stand by the toilet paper and help you pull off sheets when you're ready, and open the door when you’re done. She’ll tell people when you’re in the potty or when you have gone potty by loudly announcing “DADDY POTTY!” Whether or not she’s ready to sit on her new Cushie Tushie and try out the toilet for herself, we shall see tomorrow. My Grandma and Grandpa Hallam gave Taylor custom-printed M&Ms for her birthday, so I already have “Tinkle Treats” ready for her first successful potty experience. Maybe I’ll get some sugar-free suckers, or “Poopy Pops,” too. This will be quite the journey, I’m sure. I’m excited, nervous and nostalgic all at the same time. I’m bracing myself though -- it’s potty time.
There’s nothing exciting, however, about the impending extinction of the pacifier. We’ve already made a TON of progress though. For the past few days, she has only used her paci at naptime and bedtime. Not even for car rides, tantrums, or boo-boos. I THINK we’re off to a good start. We’re going to let her keep her paci for sleeping for a little while longer. Not sure when we’ll end that. Maybe when she’s 18. We just don’t want her having it during the day. So, seeing as though the past few days have been paci-less, I’m HOPING that the paci parting will be painless.Wish me luck. I bid you farewell on this P-Day Eve with just a few random pictures from this weekend.
Tay's birthday present from Nana and PahPah,
a BIG WHEEL!!!
a BIG WHEEL!!!





1 Comments:
i love the pictures. your mom is gorgeous as always and i love the pic of your dad pushing taylor on the big wheel. aaah big wheels. those were the days. TWO. happy birthday to the TWO year old. teeew. what a beautiful number. i can't wait to hear all about potty and paciless adventures ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home