We Have These Friends
Jimmy and I are super excited. Let me give you a bit of background before I tell you why. We have these friends, Jack and Tiffany. We all met a long long time ago...in college. Jimmy and Jack were fraternity brothers and housemates, and Tiffany and I were sorority sisters and housemates. I met Jimmy at, I believe, the exact same time that Tiffany met Jack. If it wasn’t the exact same moment, it was just minutes apart. We both started dating each other (Jack and Tiffany, me and Jimmy) at the same time. We dated all through college, spending every single moment together. We were a part of each other’s dating life, then weddings, then baby showers, and so on.
During one of our first visits to Port City Church in February, we were excited to see Jack and Tiffany’s little heads poking up from the sea of people. From that day on, we have shared (almost) every service together. Now we have a deeper root running through our already great friendship – our faith. Tiffany supported me immensely when I lost Poppy. Then, in July, Tiffany and I ran into each other at the OB’s office. We found out that morning that we were both going to be pregnant together. Then, just a few days later, we found out that it was something very different that we’d be experiencing together. We had both miscarried within days of each other. Tiffany, again, supported me like a champ. And I hope that I did the same for her. It was this event that opened my eyes to the purpose of our friendship; to the reason that God planned us to meet way back in 1998. We needed each other throughout the years, but not anything like I needed her in February, and like we needed each other in July. Our friendship with these two has been an amazing blessing that words cannot describe.
Now, onto why Jimmy and I are excited. Since we finished Starting Point (a ten-week small group designed for those who have questions or doubts about the Bible, God, or Christianity), I have been wondering what our next step would be. We love love love the Sunday sermons, which are always SO perfectly timed to what I am going through and need to hear. But, I wanted a place where I could ask questions, and learn from other people’s questions. Enter Jack and Tiffany, again. They are part of a small group bible study — about six young, married couples, all with young children — and they had an opening for a new couple. Guess who’s filling that spot? US! The group invited Jimmy and I to their holiday party to meet everyone. And, oh my gosh. We loved everyone, connected with everyone on so many levels, and felt so fulfilled in what we knew was to come. I am so excited to have this new group of friends, friends that will be able to share in my journey, allow me to be a part of their journey, help me to grow and learn, and allow me to be totally comfortable with who I am and who I want to be. SO excited.
Thank you, my old old friends, Jack-o and Tiff. We're excited to share yet another wonderful part of our life with you! LOVE YOU!

3 Comments:
It looks like y'all are going to have lots of fun toghether!
ahhhhh thanks! we love you too!! i am so excited about sharing this with you! i am also VERY thankful that we have remained friends and that you have been there for me during difficult times. i am very thankful that God put us together all those years ago (man it seems like more than 10!). who knew what He had planned for us in the future!!
we love you guys!
awesome!!! i love that you're in their group - and i looked at the picture and yay - i didn't know that wren was a part of that group, too. you're gonna love it! i can't wait to see the momentum inyour walk. it's gonna be exciting :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home