My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://peanutandpoppy.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks. Thanks!

Peanut and Poppy

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorable Memorial Day

I don't think we sat still for more than a few minutes this past weekend. But it was all super fun stuff that kept us busy. Daddy was actually off work for three full days -- that NEVER happens! We really enjoyed having him around. And he enjoyed the pool time, "pishin" time, and family time too.

On Saturday, we met a few friends at our pool. The kids actually got along with no whining, no tears and no sharing problems, for three hours straight!

Hana and Brooke water their Mommy's feet.

Taylor waters my feet, and politely requests
that Hana go tend to her OWN Mommy.
Post-pool, Tay's reaction to being told that it's time for a nap.
On Sunday, we went to Taylor's friend's birthday party. They had a swing-set, a bouncy house, lots of new toys, and cupcakes. Needless to say, Tay thoroughly enjoyed herself.
Taylor drives birthday girl, Georgia, around in her new car.
On Memorial Day, we headed over to our pool (I know, you're surprised). Our community put on a holiday parade and BBQ. ALL of the neighborhood kids came out of the woodwork for the festivities. I have never seen our pool so busy. It was awesome though -- it FELT like a holiday. Like the summer has officially begun.

Taylor has really become quite the waterbug. She's jumping in the pool unassisted, kicking, and blowing bubbles. Since I am teaching swim lessons this year, I am dedicated to getting my own child to make some major progress. She seems pretty open to the idea of spending countless hours at the pool practicing...
I hope everyone had a great long weekend. I know we did!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Snyder Family said...

I love how kid friendly your pool is!

May 28, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home