Slinkies, Kitties and Grapes
For Memorial Day, Jimmy and I packed our bags and headed to Michigan to meet my parents and visit the extended family. The plane trip was better than expected -- I even followed advice from Parents Magazine and packed a bag of brand new toys/distractions. But, we only had to resort to the slinky once, which Taylor ended up trading with a little boy for his play cell phone. Such a flirt. She entertained fellow plane patrons by blowing kisses and slamming tray tables. Not bad considering a two-hour flight.
Once in Michigan, Taylor spent the weekend swimming in the hotel pool with Grandma and Daddy, playing with her cousins, chasing her Great Grandparent's kitty, using her Great Grandpa's cane as a weapon, and showing off all of her new skills and favorite phrases like "not nice!" and "no way!" In light of Memorial Day tradition, we ate a lot. I'm certain that Taylor gained back the two pounds that she lost from her ear infection last week, and I gained the three pounds back that I lost from being a busy single Mommy for a week. Taylor indulged in grapes (not good for the diaper) and Mommy ate lots of brownies (my other downfall, second only to lava).
It was a great weekend. Yummy food. Beautiful weather. Awesome family. And priceless time to stop and smell the flowers. Just what we all needed.



2 Comments:
Sounds fun!
Very cute pictures!!
She's beautiful!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home