Dear Taylor
Happy Birthday to my favorite little girl. I can’t believe that you are TEW!!! It blows my mind that, as of 5:58 tonight, you will have been on this earth for two whole years. The night before you made your entrance to the world, I sat with your grandparents (both sets) and your Daddy at O’Charlies Restaurant for my last pig-out pregnant meal, a big burger and fries. I thought it was nerves that had taken over my stomach, as I knew that I would be induced early the next morning and I was both excited and scared to meet you. But, it was not nerves and it wasn’t bad ketchup. It was you, it was contractions. I slept that night like a little kid on Christmas Eve; only I knew I was getting the most special gift in the entire world. My baby. The next morning, we made our way to the hospital — your Daddy and I were so quiet on the ride there. So many thoughts, questions, fears and thrills ran through our minds. Because the contractions had already started the night before, the labor came on fairly quickly. While we waited between contractions, I remember begging for popsicles (I was one VERY hungry pregnant woman at all times, hence the 40 pound weight gain!). I remember laughing hysterically at everything that your Daddy said, and trying to keep him distracted so he wouldn’t faint. I remember no pain, just watching your little heartbeat on the monitor in total awe. I remember the smile on your Daddy’s face the minute you were born. I remember loving Dr. Jones for delivering such a perfect baby. I remember your first cry and staring at your full head of black curly hair as the doctors weighed you. I remember the tears that filled my eyes as the doctors placed you in my arms. And the look in your Daddy’s eyes as he looked over my shoulder at his wife and baby cuddling for the first time. I wanted the days in the hospital to last forever. I know that your Daddy was uncomfortable in that stiff chair (he didn’t realize that it transformed into a bed until the last night), but it was like we were in our own dreamy world. No distractions from the outside, just sweet time with our new baby girl. Not to mention, the nurses that appeared like magic at our bedside when we panicked about a funny cough or strange squeak. I cannot believe how much we have changed since those hours and days following your birth.
I have learned SO much from you, and I am so grateful for every lesson and every memory along the way. Thank you for teaching me how to suck snot efficiently, how to play creatively, and how to call 911 quickly. Thank you for the laughter, and for the tears. Thank you for every hug, every snuggle and every Eskimo kiss. Thank you for teaching me patience and forgiving me when I fall short, throwing a tantrum of my own. Thank you for letting me be a kid again: making funny faces, singing silly songs and dancing in the living room. Thank you for loving me unconditionally. Thank you for choosing me as your Mommy.
I hope that I always deliver when you need me. I hope that I teach you to love Jesus, always to have faith in Him and to thank Him constantly for what He has done for us. I hope that I teach you to love all people and all animals. I hope that I teach you to be strong and feel beautiful. I hope that I teach you to choose a man that is as wonderful to you as your Daddy is to me. I hope that you come to us whenever you need anything at all. I hope that I show you that I will love you deeply, unconditionally and forever. I look forward to every minute of every day that we are blessed with as a family. I love you with all of my heart, my little Tater Tot. Happy Birthday, baby!
Love, Mommy



1 Comments:
oh jeez. i just read this and cried. i love it. all of it. you are a precious precious mommy.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home