My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://peanutandpoppy.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks. Thanks!

Peanut and Poppy

Thursday, January 29, 2009

This Man

This man is a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a friend, and a grandfather.
This man is the most selfless person I’ve ever met.
This man is a giver, and hesitates to receive anything.
He is compassionate towards all people. Everyone.
He is brilliant and accomplished.
He taught me at a young age to love mysteries — I still think of him rubbing my feet while watching Unsolved Mysteries when I see a marathon on TBS.
He is the kind of man that makes you grip onto the car door and dig your feet into the floorboard when he drives.
He is an intent listener. He’s always interested and wants to hear more.
His dry sense of humor still makes me scratch my head at his jokes.
This man gave me my blue eyes and chubby cheeks.
His eyes water when he eats Kung Pao chicken. It makes me smile every time.
This man writes the most powerful and sweet birthday cards you will ever read. They make me cry every time.
This man once had a pencil thin mustache. And my Mom thought it was hot.
He watches It’s a Wonderful Life every Christmas and Ben Hur every Easter. Over and over and over and over.
He never calls me by my full name, even when I got caught sneaking out and taking the car for a spin. It’s always “Hil”. Somehow, that always softened the blow.
This man taught me everything I know about business, life and love.
This man supports me in everything I do. Everything.
This man is my Dad and I love him with all of my heart.
Happy birthday, Dad! I love you!

3 Comments:

Blogger Life Glimpsed: The Denglers said...

oh jeez. i'm crying. precious, hil. you have a precious papa.

January 29, 2009 at 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, that's so sweet. You made me cry at work!

January 30, 2009 at 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wast kind of hoping for a picture of your dad with that mustache.

i love my chats with him when they're in town!

January 30, 2009 at 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home