Provision!
What was I JUST saying on Monday? "He WILL provide", right? Guess who was right? That would be me. Well, and the Bible.
As you probably have figured out, writing on this blog helps me to process all of my thoughts and emotions, which are typically swirling around my brain like a hyperactive tornado. After weeks of stress and trying to clear my heart and mind, I sat down on Monday night and just wrote it all out. I wanted to get to the core. To the heart of WHY I was stressed. WHY I was sad. It felt so good to just sit down and think long enough to finally put my finger on the problem. To identify what it was that I really needed to do. I needed to trust Him, believing that He will provide one way or another, and that His provision will be the best thing for me. And, guess what. As soon as I recognized my "areas for improvement" and started to release my worries to the Lord, He revealed Himself to me. I guess just to prove that I was on the right track.
Listen to this.
On Tuesday morning, I met with a beautiful woman -- someone that had heard my story through a friend, and reached out to me. I am excited, now, to call her a close friend -- someone that I hold so very near to my heart. An absolute angel. She listened as I talked about my journey through the hills of His saving grace and the valleys of heartache, she shared her story of triumph and trials, offered scripture for my struggles, and understood me in ways that I don't even understand myself. I know, for a fact, that He sent her to me to Provide.
On Tuesday afternoon, another angel appeared at my door with loads of groceries, a gift for Taylor, and hugs for me. Heaven-sent, by Him. She left us feeling full in so many ways. He Provided.
On Tuesday evening, we arrived to a church program. At check-in, upon hearing our name, the greeter lifted a bag full of toddler clothes, toys and books and handed it to me. He said "this is for you." He heard our cries for financial help, so He sent an angel to Provide.
This morning, Jimmy got a call. He has been offered a wonderful full-time job offering steady income and absolutely amazing benefits. Once again, a prayer answered. By His Provision.
24 hours and 4 concrete examples of His provision. Isn't He amazing?! I just LOVE to see Him moving so visibly. He never ceases to bring me to my knees in praise. What a wonderful God.

3 Comments:
Oh my gosh! I love hearing stuff like this...and it's great when we recognize God's work in our lives to write it down...keep a record of it for the days when you're down. Always remember that He provides perfectly.
Thanks for reminding me!!
how awesome :)
It's amazing, isn't it? That when you find yourself at that place where you have nothing else to hold onto but Him, He reaches out and takes your hand. So glad that He has provided for you and Jimmy and Taylor!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home