My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://peanutandpoppy.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks. Thanks!

Peanut and Poppy

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Change

Wow. The past few days have been pretty cool. Inspiring. Hopeful. Transforming. And revealing. On Saturday, Taylor and I headed over to my good friend's house for a morning of playing (for the kids) and talking (for the Mommies). I have learned so much from this particular Mommy, Erin. She has educated me, inspired me, and encouraged me. I am so grateful for her.

You see, there are a LOT of unknowns in the Brady world right now, and a LOT of changes happening in my heart too. These friends have given me peace with it all. Between Erin and a handful of very special friends, I have been blessed with new views on so many things. Some give me scripture to read and songs to listen to that pertain to the exact situation that I'm in (so specifically, it's almost strange...as if they were handed to me on a platter by God himself...well, in a way, they were. ANYway.). Some lend an ear and understanding because they have walked the walk I am walking. Some offer words of insight by telling stories and the lessons they have learned from them. All of these approaches have touched me intensely. I am so blessed to be surrounded by these people. God changed the course of my life last year, and these friends are the little angels that He has sent to light my new path. No matter how much pain, uncertainty, grief and stress I experience, these friends, strategically-placed by God, have held my hand through every twist and turn, and directed me to convert sadness and fear into glory and love.

I'm so appreciative of all of the comments that I have received making me feel that everything I am experiencing is normal. And, actually, quite amazing. My prayers have been jumbled, my thoughts have been swirling. But, like Erin said, when there is that much change going on, you are usually on the verge of something great. And I know that she is right.

Tay and Kaylee playing in the closet.
Tay in the sandbox.
She, not surprisingly, found the only piece of
dog dropping in the entire playground.
She kneeled in it and I did not identify the specimen until after
sticking my fingers in it and smelling them. Mmmmm.

Tay and Kaylee practicing the concept of taking turns on the slide.
Sharing isn't always Tay's strong suit,
but practice makes perfect, right?
Tay and Abi making poop castles. I mean sand castles.
After the paydate, we headed to Chuck E. Cheese
for Alex's birthday party.
Here is Alex presenting Taylor with one of the party favors, a slinky.
Tay LOVES "sinkies".

On Sunday, it was in the high 70s, so we packed
some snacks and headed to the beach.This was the first time
that I can remember that I've ever opened
all of the windows and sunroof.
Taylor LOVED the wind in her hair.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

oooo...Change is always good, right? I personally have always been afraid of change, but the older I get the more open I am to the idea! I hope you find(the change) what you are looking for!
Yay!!! I'm glad Taylor enjoys the cheesy crackers, now my turn to try tofu!

March 10, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home