My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://peanutandpoppy.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks. Thanks!

Peanut and Poppy

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Parental Pioneers

I had to share this because it made me laugh out loud. Last night, when I was reading my weekly Preschooler Bulletin email from Babycenter, one of the top headlines jumped out at me (see the green arrow below). The New Spanking: Hot-Saucing.

I laugh because it is not so new in my eyes. You see, my parents were pioneers of this discipline tactic! And, before you get the wrong idea, I fully endorse it (when used appropriately – ONE drop of MILD sauce, people). My brother and I were never spanked or smacked or switched. Instead, we were “hot-sauced” as this article calls it. I only remember being “sauced” when we used bad language (stupid, idiot…you know, words you use to describe your sibling when you are between the ages of 8 and…well, now.) As soon as she was aware that the word exited our lips (thanks to a tattle), Mom would get the bottle of Tabasco and place a drop on our tongue. I liked this discipline. It was way more comfortable than what I had heard about spanking, and much better than taking my phone privileges away. And today, wouldn’t you know, I love all things spicy? I put hot sauce on EVERYthing. Everything. So, when I saw this article, a sense of fiery pride rushed through my spicy veins -- my parents broke new ground in the world of discipline! They were Hot-Saucing Pioneers! I am forever grateful for them sparing my toosh, to instead tame my tongue. Thank you, Mom and Dad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

I just think it's great that I'm not the only one still getting those weekly emails from Baby Center!!!

March 4, 2009 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I love it!! Tay is STILL bitting and my hairdresser suggested hot sauce. Just a dab of Tabasco and it is over! The only problem with this is that she only bites when I am not around.

March 5, 2009 at 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home