Fotters Day
Yesterday was Father's Day. Or, in Taylorese, "Fotters Day". We started the morning with church, where we watched one of my bestest friends get baptized. Her testimony was awesome. And watching her publicly declare her love for our heavenly Father was just beautiful beyond words. We then headed home, where a nasty head and respiratory bug invaded my body. I did, and still do, feel worthless. Sluggish, snotty, coughy, congested, nauseous, and no-good. Poor Daddy didn't really get a day off, since I was in constant need of hot tea, tissues, or meds. I think he still enjoyed himself though. He went fishing with Tay, and again by himself while she napped. We did a whole lot of nothing all day long and enjoyed one of his favorite delicacies for dinner, Chinese food.
Tay was fully aware that it was Father's Day, and she make sure that she told him every few minutes, "Happy Fotters Day, Daddy!" She didn't like it when she heard Jimmy wishing his dad a happy Father's Day. "NO, Daddy! It's YOUR Fotters Day!"

Whether Taylor understands or not, we honor ALL fathers on Father's Day. Her father, Daddy's father, my father, and our Father. I love my earthly Daddy and all that he has formed me to be. I love my heavenly Father and all that He created me to be. And I love my "baby Daddy" and all that he is to Taylor, and to me.And that's all the energy I have right now. Must go sit my snotty self down, and pray that Taylor can learn to make hot tea!
Happy Fotter's Day to EVERY Daddy out there!

1 Comments:
The look on Taylor's face in that second picture is PRICELESS!!!!! Hope you get better soon :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home