So Much
Dear blog, I apologize for my neglect. Now that Tay is in school two days per week only, I do not have the spare time that I once had! On the days that she is at school, I have been slamming my schedule full of errands and work and phone calls and and and. And on the days that she is home, I have my hands full, to say the least. Because I have not written in so long, and Tay is home with me today, I have SO MUCH to say, and SO LITTLE time!
Like I said, Tay has started her new "school", which is really a summer camp at a Christian Academy. As I expected, she adapted very, very well. She has already formed great friendships, including her favorite friend, Michael. Michael is a very sweet-tempered 3-year-old that took to Taylor the moment that she walked into school. She asks about him every morning, and talks about what he did each day when I pick her up. When I picked her up on Friday, I asked her what she did at school. She said, "I played with Michael. He did the woooorm." I asked her what the worm was, and she proceeded to shake her shoulders and dance. Apparently, Michael not only has a heart of gold, but also a good bit of rhythm.
I have also adapted to her new school well. I love that they pray before they eat, they sing Bible songs, and do different arts and crafts each day. But most importantly, through these activities, I love the lessons that they are teaching. Like manners. Taylor has always been very good at her pleases, thank yous, bless yous, and your welcomes. However, although she has a million words in her vocabulary, her word of choice is currently "no". BUT, now, after the first day of school, she has added a "thank you" to the end, which takes out the sting a bit. So, when I ask her to go brush her teeth, she says "no, thank you" or "no thanks". The addition of that one word makes me giggle instead of pull my hair out. Thank you, school.
Tay has also been saying things like "I love you so much" and "Mommy, you're pretty" and giving really big hugs with kisses. It's those words and actions that make my heart melt and
In addition to her new loving words and actions, she has taken a fresh liking to her baby doll. She has always loved her doll, but is playing with her more now than ever. Potty training her and giving her imaginary treats and a hug after a (fake) potty, pushing her around in a stroller while pretending to grocery shop, feeding her, changing her diaper, and holding full conversations with her. Or should I say "him." Ask Taylor the name of her baby, and she will say, "his name? his name is God." At first, I didn't know how to take that. But, I have to say that I think it's pretty neat that the doll that she loves and focuses on and comforts and feels comforted by, she has named God.
The biggest change over the past few days is that our child is now in a big girl bed, due to an escape from the crib that nearly broke her nose. As Jimmy explained, "I just peeled my daughter off the floor after her not-so-graceful dismount from her crib. She didn't stick the landing." So, the next day, we purchased a twin bed. (I will post pictures soon -- I'm waiting on the final piece to complete the bedding ensemble). She has been doing fairly well. There have been a few nights where she has simply passed out and not moved until the next morning when she calls for us to come get her. Those are the best nights. And we've also had nights where we've had to lock her door and listen to her knock for 1.5 hours, whispering "mooooooommmmmmyyyyy, hey, moooooommmmmmyyyy", then get up an hour early and scare the snot out of us by bounding into our room at the crack of dawn. Those are the not-so-best nights. Overall, it's a huge milestone that makes me a little sad, but proud that we've made it this far as parents :)
Since Tay is no longer "caged", we have become more cautious with toddler-proofing the house. Including the doors to outside. Because I am petrified that she is going to wake in the middle of the night and stroll into the road, or across the cul-de-sac into the water. So, we purchased child locks for the doors. And, guess what? Our child walks right up to the lock, disables it, and walks outside. YEAH. I'm now onto brainstorming plan B.
So, that's that. You can see how I can keep busy. Add my Mommy's group, small group, playdates, swimming lessons, chores, housewifing, and medical "stuff" to the tall list of Taylor shenanigans, and I don't sit down much! I am NOT complaining though. I love every minute of my life, and continue to feel more and more blessed with each day. Right now, I am focused on our upcoming vacation to Michigan to spend time with my Grandparents and other family. I am BEYOND thrilled about this trip.
OK, and now onto a few photos from the past few days.
Tay and her buddy, Maggie, at a summer concert.
Me, Witter, Tay, and Sarah at Sarah's birthday dinner.
Taylor LOVES these girls. LOVES them.
Me, Witter, Tay, and Sarah at Sarah's birthday dinner.Taylor LOVES these girls. LOVES them.
Left: Tay shares her Mommy's love for chocolate.Right: The best cake IN. THE. WORLD.
Did I say that this was AMAZING cake? It was. BREATHTAKING.
Tay enjoying a sunny Sunday on the porch.
OK! And that's your long-winded, long overdue update. Off to feed the tot some lunch and put her booty down for a nap since she has been repeating "leave my alone!" for 10 minutes now. I think it's naptime. Adios!




1 Comments:
I have a suggestion for the door "issue." It's not very pretty, but you might have to install chains towards the top of the door... My parents did that when my nephew was younger. He'd spend the night at their house and they were afraid he'd run outside in the middle of the night!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home