My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://peanutandpoppy.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks. Thanks!

Peanut and Poppy

Monday, June 9, 2008

The F Word (Rated G)

It was a big weekend. Our first encounter with the F word: Fearless. Our little Tay is now a daredevil. This may seem small to the outside world, but I think it's the beginning of something significant to me: Tay becoming more like her Daddy and less like her Mommy. I didn't think it was possible.

Exhibit A: the bean bag. She started plopping down into the bean bag chair yesterday. When before, she'd gently place her bottom down and sit like a little girl. Careful and strategic, like her mommy. Now, she jumps backwards into it. Wild, adrenaline junkie, like her daddy.

The anticipation..................................................................and the jump

















Exhibit B: the pool. Up until now, Tay would barely go in past her knees. Yesterday, she ran all the way in over her head. She'd also run to the edge of the pool, wait for Daddy, and jump in. She'd go all the way under, come up and laugh. Not like the typical kids I used to teach how to swim, who's wail after going under water. Not Tay. Our fearless fishy.

The jump

Post jump

Again!

Should I do a swan dive or a belly flop?

Tay and Alex with their Daddies

Tristin, pooped at the pool • • • • • • • • How do these things work?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home