My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://peanutandpoppy.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks. Thanks!

Peanut and Poppy

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Coupon Crazy

I am officially a Coupon Mom. Several of my friends have recently become champions at this very complicated, yet rewarding, game. And they are training me to become a Money Saving Maven as well. I have only been collecting coupons for three weeks so far, so my results are not optimal just yet. However, I have already gotten a taste of sweet saving victory. Clipping coupons and matching them with sale items at Harris Teeter has come to be one of my favorite pastimes.

Last week, I MADE money by going shopping. I bought 5 bags of Kraft Shredded Cheese, 4 Dannon All Natural Yogurts, and a bag of Wacky Mac. My total? A $2 profit! I literally vibrated out of the store on my phone, not wasting a moment to call my coupon companions with the news.

Today is the first day of Super Doubles at the Teeter. They are doubling all coupons $1.98 or less (it's usually $0.99 or less). This morning, I spent $14 and saved $60! I walked out with a boatload of groceries, from Starbucks Ice Cream and Deli Breads to Turkey Dogs and Crackers. Most of the groceries, after coupons and sales, ended up costing just pennies, if not free. Free toothpaste, free shave gel, free worcestershire sauce, free mac n' cheese, and so on. And these are name brand items! Colgate, Kraft, French’s, Ritz, etc. Something this former Wal-Mart shopper isn't used to!

I am still gathering more coupons to use during this week’s Super Doubles. Look out Teeter, Super Coupon Mom will be BACK!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I really need to jump on this bandwagon!! I just don't know where to start. Where do I find these fabulous coupons?

June 25, 2009 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Marcia Swiss said...

Hillary, I have been using coupons for a long time. I clip the coupons from the Sunday Ann Arbor News and put them in an evelope that I keep in my purse. Before shopping I check my coupons and what I need. I put a star by the things on my list that have a coupon so when I get to the store I KNOW I have the coupon. I love saving money. Every little bit helps.

June 25, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home