My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://peanutandpoppy.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks. Thanks!

Peanut and Poppy

Friday, August 21, 2009

Triples and Doubles Oh My

My passion for couponing has escalated. My heart starts racing and my legs start twitching when I hear the words "sale" or "buy 2, get 3 free" or "freebate". It's bad.

Last week, we had just come off of a Super Doubles week when they announced that they were doing Triple Coupons. Oh goodness gracious. I broke out the spreadsheet and my accordion coupon organizer and started strategizing. You see, you can only use 20 coupons per visit, and there are lots of special rebate deals when you buy certain products together. So, you really have to map out your trips. I ended up going every single day of triples (that's one trip a day for SEVEN days). Can you say, annoying customer? But, you know what? I don't mind the hateful looks from shelf stocking staff and the produce catapulted at my head, if it makes cents. And it does.

I added up all of my trips from last week and my grand total was:
$46.04 out of pocket, for a total of
$344.75 worth of groceries.

That's a savings of $298.71! We got everything from free school supplies and healthy snacks, to band-aids and baby wipes. It was awesome. For me anyway. The cashiers? Not so much.

This week, it's just a normal week. And I STILL found a way to walk away with 6 free yogurts, 2 packs of free bacon, super cheap tortillas, and super cheap good-brand coffee (that's a real special treat for the husband). And I still have more coupons for all of the above. I predict a repeat trip over the weekend.

And, guess what has been announced for next week? SUPER DOUBLES. Oh my. I still haven't quite caught my breath from last week. And, I'm pretty certain my pantry and freezer are going to need reinforcements. I'm considering turning my coat closet into a stockpile pantry, and my bathtub into a deep freezer. Does that make me certifiably crazy?

Nah. According to the cashier that loves me the most (that’s being said in the most sarcastic tone possible), I am the town’s coupon queen. Someone find me a coupon for a crown.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting these updates. I actually found your blog while visiting the PC3 blog...and now you're getting me hooked on couponing! Who knew??

August 27, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home