My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 2 seconds. If not, visit
http://peanutandpoppy.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks. Thanks!

Peanut and Poppy

Monday, August 3, 2009

I am THAT Customer

So, we had a very low-key weekend where the camera actually stayed put in my purse the entire time. I believe that is a first in my life. I promise to have lots of pictures to share shortly though because my Mom is flying into town tomorrow to stay and play for a week. So prepare yourselves for a picture overload soon.

In the meantime, I wanted to give you a short update on my extreme couponing craze. I am now well-known at the local Harris Teeter, Rite Aid and Walgreens. Not sure if that is a good thing. In fact, judging by the sighs I hear from management when I enter the store, I'm pretty sure it's not a good thing. Except in the case of my wallet. I have been loving stocking my pantry for pennies.

I won't bore all of you non-couponing folk with an elaborate explanation, but let me just tell you that I have saved over $300 in groceries in just the past two weeks. Yeah. I do want to recap my morning for you though, and then I'll stop talking. Today, Taylor and I headed out to Rite Aid and Walgreens, prepped with a detailed shopping list and corresponding coupons. Here's what I got:

Rite Aid Transaction 1
Bought:
(1) Renu Multipurpose twin pack $9.99
(1) Goldfish Snackpack $0.99
(1) Natrol Probiotic $8.99
(1) Zantac 150 $4.99
Used:
-$5 off $25
-$2 off Renu
-$3 off Natrol
-$3 off Zantac
Total Due: $11.96
Got Back: $23.97 in rebates, made $12.01 profit!

Rite Aid Transaction 2
Bought:
(1) Crest Pro Health Toothpaste $2.79
(1) Garnier Fructis Shampoo $2.99
(1) Skin Clinic Wart Remover $14.99
(1) GE Light Bulbs $2
(1) Oragel training toothpaste $2.99
Used:
-$5 off $25
-$0.75/1 Crest Toothpaste
-$1 off Garnier Fructis
Total Due: $19.01
Got Back: $21.78 in rebates, made $2.77 profit!

Walgreens Transaction 1
Bought:
(1) Colgate Toothbrush 360 Sonic $5
(1) Degree Clinical Protection Deodorant $5.99
Used:
-$1 off Colgate Sonic power toothbrush
-$2 off Clinical Deodorant
-$5RR
Total Due: $2.99

Walgreens Transaction 2
Bought:
(2) Kellogs Special K Cereal
(2) Boxes Poptarts
(2) Boxes Rice Crispy Treats
(2) Boxes Nutrigrain Bars
(2) Boxes Keebler Cookies
Used:
-$1 off 2 for every item purchased
Total Due: $17
Got Back: $17 in rebates, makes it all free!


So, between Rite Aid and Walgreens in just this morning, I got $83.71 worth of products for a $11.79 profit!!! Now you can see why couponing is so much fun. (Or maybe you can't and I really am crazy). Oh, and no, we don't have warts or heartburn. The products were money-makers, so I figured, why not? Anyway, the above savings obviously doesn't even include the $230 I saved at Harris Teeter over the past two weeks. I love it.

OK, the Tater Tot is awake. Must go feed her some of the new FREE yummy snacks we now have in our kitchen!!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Lauren said...

I know I suck at math, but I don't get it. Why did you get the rebates at Rite Aid on top of all the coupon savings? We've been trying the coupon thing but all that ends up happening is that we buy things we don't really need/shouldn't really eat, and spend more money. What are we doing wrong here?

August 3, 2009 at 4:44 PM  
Blogger Tay's Mom said...

Rite Aid gives you rebates on the purchase price, and it's up to you to find additional manufacturer's coupons (which is what allows you to make a profit). Each month, they have what's called "Freebates" where the rebate amount is the same as the purchase price. So, the wart stuff was $14.99 and the rebate was $14.99, which makes it free. If I have a coupon for $1 off the wart stuff, I make a $1. So, I load up on the rebate products and find matching coupons so I can make a profit. Get it?

August 3, 2009 at 5:05 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Nah, you aren't crazy!!! I'm proud of your skills :) As for the money-makers or free stuff that you don't use, you can always donate it to the food bank or church...I'm sure they know someone that needs heartburn medicine and can't pay for it.

August 3, 2009 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger Colton's Journey said...

Ok- so i'm diligently following your awesome cutting skills. For those boone dock people like myself that don't have harris teeter or Kroger nearby... where do i find ingles coupons...like you do H.t.?

August 5, 2009 at 12:14 AM  
Blogger Tay's Mom said...

Lucy -- use http://www.southernsavers.com/ and click Ingles at the top. It will tell you what's on sale and what coupons match. Enjoy!

August 5, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home