400 Fourth Photos
Are you ready for this? I took approximately four million photos this weekend, and I'm posting a good bit of them. Only because there were so many precious memories made that I never want to forget. So, grab your chairs and kick your feet up for a while. Here is how our 4th of July vacation went.
We headed to Myrtle Beach (about an hour drive away) to catch our direct flight to Detroit, which was scheduled to leave at 8:58pm. After a long and torturous drive due to a very cranky toddler, we arrived to the airport and approached the check-in counter. At which time we were told that the flight had been delayed 2 hours. I laughed and told the attendant to stop joking. Because I had a toddler that was already going to have a tough time on a 9pm flight. And I didn't even want to think about how she would tolerate a flight that didn't put us in Michigan until 1am. Not today. Not moodie toodie Taylor day. Unfortunately, the attendant wasn't joking. And we were in for a long night. As we waited for the hours to tick by, the flight became more and more delayed. The final departure time was set for 1:15am, delivering us to Michigan around 3:30am. Keep in mind that my child goes to bed at 7:30pm. Yes. And, did I mention that she was having an extremely rough day? And, therefore, so was I. We were both moody and toodie. Yet, still, we all had to sit quietly for 8 hours in a tiny airport.
Fortunately, about an hour into our wait, another short passenger on our plane arrived, toy motorcycles in tow. Taylor and Jordan quickly became close friends, chasing each other through the terminal for hours. They became buddies that kept each other occupied and laughing. And kept me praising God. Thank you, Jesus, for Taylor's entertainment! After hours and hours of giggles and conversation and activity, the kid's legs started to become Jell-O, wobbling beneath them as they sped through the seating areas. In an attempt to force sleep (and avoid a toddler collision), we strapped Taylor into her car seat as it lay on the airport floor. And, finally, at midnight, she crashed.
The rest of the trip was long, but uneventful. Taylor slept until we arrived in Michigan and met my parents and brother. Taylor woke for about an hour of play with her Nana and Grandpa, only to crash again once we got settled in our room around 5am.On Friday, our sleep-deprived clan headed over to see my Grandparents (Mom's Mom and Dad). We haven't seen them in just over a year, so you can imagine how much Taylor has changed since then. Every minute was priceless. The look on my precious Grandparent's faces as they watched Taylor would melt any heart. And, as always, I enjoyed every minute of just being in their company. My family means the world to me. I love my Grandparents deeply and am so grateful that they get to be a part of their Great Grandbaby's life.
Kisses from Great Grandpa
After quality family time with the Great Grandparents, we headed back to the hotel to freshen up and prepare for the 4th of July Eve festivities at the Club. Luckily for Taylor, the hotel was a toddler paradise. We didn't spend much time there, only a few minutes in between family visits and to sleep. But, when we were there, Taylor was saying hello to the goldfish and crocodiles (in her imagination...we hope) that frequented the many streams, ponds and waterfalls throughout the hotel lobby. In the photo below, you can see Taylor, my Mom and Dad in the middle/left checking out one of the streams. This is my view from just outside the room.
That evening, we headed to the Club where they had a HUGE party complete with bouncy houses, swimming, the biggest buffet I have ever seen, and fireworks. We didn't make it to the firework show (sleep deprived...remember?), so we stuffed ourselves silly and rolled ourselves into bed.On the 4th, we headed over to my Dad's brother's house and enjoyed a family cookout. Again, more food than you can imagine, including Taylor's favorite...strawberries. She helped herself again, and again, and again.
After lunch, the sprinklers and water guns came out. I didn't bring a suit for Taylor, so, in true summer cookout style, she just ripped off her dress and played in her Elmo undies.

On Sunday, we spent another day at my Mom's parent's house. The weather in Michigan was gorgeous. A cool 78 degrees with no humidity. Beats our typical 95 degree with 80% humidity any day. So, we spent time outside enjoying the sun and the breeze.
Taylor showing me her teeth.
(The only way I can get her to "smile" on cue).
(The only way I can get her to "smile" on cue).
More happy time with Great Grandpa.
And Great Nana.
Me, and some of my favorite people in the world.
Taylor being silly with Daddy.
After the beautiful day with my beautiful Grandparents, we headed for dinner at the Club. Again, more fabulous food and unforgettable memories. It was a happy ending to a great trip.
We left the next morning with, thank God, no problems. The flight was early, Taylor slept on the plane for half of the trip and enjoyed the views for the rest of the flight. Happy baby, no delays, no dilemmas. I miss my family already, but rest in knowing that we will see them again soon.That was your long-winded report of our 4th of July festivities. The family fun, however, has just begun for us, as I head out now to see my in-laws, sister-in-laws, nieces and nephews, who are all in town for a week! Pool time and beach days are on the schedule, so stay tuned for pictures of those festivities!





1 Comments:
What a wonderful Holiday with your family!! My last grandparent passed away last week, so we are gonna have to LOVE on my hubby's as long as possible!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home